We’re on a mission to pinpoint and track each of the millions of greenhouse gas emitting sites around the world, every day.
Creating the "breathing monitor" of our planet
Former naval squad leader specializing in sensors analytics, founded an energy startup with operations in 15 countries
Richard L. Lachance
Ph.D. in optics, deployed 6 satellites for clients including NASA, developed chemical detectors for NATO
Former senior geoscientist at Shell and Schlumberger, pioneered data products with thousands of users
Led teams at multi-billion dollar tech firms and startups, Ph.D. in optics, pioneer of AI techniques
Researcher at U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and Stanford, public relations support for Qualcomm and Dell
Engineering at CERN (world’s top particle accelerator), implemented control systems for energy companies
BOARD OF ADVISORS
Former astronaut and commander of the International Space Station, received NASA Exceptional Service Medal
25 years of leadership in aerospace and commerce compliance, supported clients including Boeing
Dr. William (Bill) Heaps
Atmospheric gases scientist, deployed a methane sensor in space, received NASA Goddard Exceptional Achievement Award
- Speak up and halt operations immediately when noticing even the smallest safety hazard — Health, Safety, Security, and Environment (HSSE)
- Find a third alternative, never compromise. Look together for a solution better than what “I” came up with, and, better than what “you“ came up with. — Creativity
- Seek to understand first, and only then seek to be understood. — Communication
- Turn extreme divide into close partnerships, by practicing NVC (a method developed by Nobel Peace Prize nominee Dr. Marshall Rosenberg). — Connection
- Always in action mode, to advance towards our goals. Never wait. — Attitude
- Our planet = our responsibility. We make decisions of what we choose to do each day accordingly. — Ethics
We’re growing fast and ALWAYS welcome new talent. We value culture fit and attitude as much as we value experience. If you feel that working with Bluefield would be an expression of what you believe in, please contact us.
If you’d like us to reply, please write in your email what actions you can take in the next 7 days that will advance Bluefield (without support or budget). You may find this helpful.
If you can’t join full time, but want to collaborate or get involved, then get in touch. We collaborate with people from all walks of life.
A global challenge requires global collaboration. You’re officially invited!
– Remote Sensing Data Scientist